- New Directions for the Financing of Interactive Digital Media in Canada The Canadian Interactive Alliance has commissioned this report on the current financing landscape for digital media in Canada, with potential solutions for increased effectiveness.
- ESA Canada releases 2011 Study Essential Facts About the Canadian Computer and Video Game Industry (2011) is the ESA's annual guidebook to the entertainment software industry. Download it here.
- E3 2010 Report
There was a lot of publicity and coverage surrounding peripherals and after-market products prior to E3 this year. This year's expo was more focused on the inclusion of the casual gamer market, evident by the products that were being showcased such as Kinect, Move, 3DS and the Playstation Plus. A number of emerging trends were well received at this year's E3, and their potential implication bodes well for the future of the industry. The following is a summary of some of the major products, brands and news from the event.
- Commercialization of Video Games in China Part 1
The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAIT) and Quebec-based new media association Alliance numérique are pleased to present an information session on the gaming industry in China. The recorded webinar discusses the business and revenue models in use in the operation of online video games in China; successful games in China; and criteria to meet in order to succeed in a video game commercialisation initiative in China. Please note that the two videos of games in China are not available in the webinar due to copyright sensitivities. You can get them from your DFAIT regional office.
- Bell Fund Bliki
This Bell Fund Bliki is intended to seed the discussions about revenue generation for multi-platform digital content with advice from our wiki authors.
- Export Market Access: A Global Expansion Program (EMA) is designed to assist small to medium size organizations (SMEs) to access and expand their growth in new foreign markets that are beyond the U.S.
- The Game Industry Salary Survey 2007
A more tailored look at the statistics in light of what someone new to the game indsutry would need to know by paring down the results of Game Developer's sixth annual salary survey.
- Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
The Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit (OIDMTC) is a refundable tax credit to eligible Ontario-based Canadian and foreign-controlled corporations of 25% of eligible Ontario expenditures for interactive digital media products created in Ontario.
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) Tax Incentive
Support for your R&D in Canada
The SR&ED program is a federal tax incentive program, administered by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), that encourages Canadian businesses of all sizes, and in all sectors to conduct research and development (R&D) in Canada. It is the largest single source of federal government support for industrial R&D.
The SR&ED program gives claimants cash refunds and/or tax credits for their expenditures on eligible R&D work done in Canada.