Interactive Ontario's mandate is to promote the interests of its members and to enlist the support of government and private sector partners with a vested interest in the growth of the digital media content industry.
Interactive Ontario intends to:
- "Collect and Connect" digital media business leaders and all levels of government to stimulate growth of the digital media content industry in Ontario,
- "Collect and Connect" the Ontario digital media content industry and key industry sectors to promote local talent and stimulate growth,
- Promote the digital media content industry, in its own right, as distinct from related digital industries such as hardware, software, telecom and other digital infrastructure industries,
- Gather information from Ontario digital content business leaders to identify trends and set priorities to target needs in this rapidly changing field,
- Develop industry focused recommendations and promote these recommendations to all levels of government for the direct benefit of the digital media content industry,
- Function autonomously, in partnership with other industry associations, with a targeted focus on the business of digital media content development,
- And seek recognition from all levels of government as the definitive voice for the business of Ontario of digital media content.
Interactive Ontario's Platform
Interactive Ontario's objective is to eliminate all barriers to growth for digital media content businesses including but not limited to:
- Increased access to project funding;
- Access to growth capital and incentive programs which encourage private sector investment;
- Improved access to home market distribution channels for Canadian produced content;
- Increased support in marketing to international distribution channels;
- Access to the skills development required for business growth;
- Access to beneficial tax programs and other government programs necessary to grow the industry in parity with other provinces and sectors Creation of a dynamic and expansive industry retaining skills, jobs and revenue in Ontario and Canada as a whole.